RE: ADSL filters

> I don't mind the modem going there. I will probably move the master socket
> to node 0 and then work the extensions of there after passing through the
> filter. (Saving on the cost of extra filters).

Erm, the master socket belongs to BT and isn't yours to move about.  Can't
condone that.
Of course, they don't necessarily know where it's located in any instance ;)

> Exactly what I had in mind. So if the output from the master socket goes
> to a patch panel, any number of extra sockets can then be added via the
> patch panel, right?

Yup - you can common together a few sockets on the patch panel so that they
are all on the same circuit.  Just patch your phones through to these
sockets (from the voice side of filter).

> Also, the REN for most comms equipment is 4, has anybody had problems of
> extensions not working because they have exceeds the limit? ATM I have
> about 5 extension and most of the time, all is ok, but they must have a
> limit for *some* reason?

The limit is 4 (IIRC).  Most modern telephones are <1, so I'm sure you'll be
OK.  Keith can give an explanation as to why ;)

James H

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor