RE: ADSL filters

> Yes you can.  Where the extension wiring comes off the BT NTE5 master socket
> (detachable face plate) you connect that to the voice side of the filter.
> This of course means that your ADSL modem/router has to go here.  The other
> option is to add a filter to every phone extension.

I don't mind the modem going there. I will probably move the master socket
to node 0 and then work the extensions of there after passing through the
filter. (Saving on the cost of extra filters).

> CAT5!!!  Seriously, CAT5 structured cabling makes things like this a doddle.

Exactly what I had in mind. So if the output from the master socket goes
to a patch panel, any number of extra sockets can then be added via the
patch panel, right?

Also, the REN for most comms equipment is 4, has anybody had problems of
extensions not working because they have exceeds the limit? ATM I have
about 5 extension and most of the time, all is ok, but they must have a
limit for *some* reason?

Pankaj.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor