-----Original Message-----
From: andy_powell_is [mailto:ukha@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 May 2002 15:42
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Spare server...

--- In ukha_d@y..., Pedro de Oliveira <p.oliveira@b...> wrote:
> Because of this thread I am in the process of ripping a DVD on a PC
with
> dual Xeon 2.2Ghz chips and 2Gb memory.  My normal approach to
ripping is to
> do it on my "other" PC which is a PIII 800 with 256Mb ram. It
usually takes
> around 10 - 12 hours to rip.  The Xeon machine will take 1hour 32
minutes.

Pedro,

You mean rip AND convert rather than just rip? If ripping alone takes
that long then there is something wrong .. I can rip a
demacrovisioned, deregioned DVD to a single file in under 15
minutes.. (that's a single VOB) I don't go in for recompressed
versions, I just want the accesability... i did try encoding once but
gave up as the process seems to be a right old pain in the arse...
unless of course you can rip to divx without poncing about with
demuxing and remuxing....

Andy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor