RE: Re: Wiring up a new timber frame

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Wiring up a new timber frame
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:40:05 +0100

In most timber frame builds I have seen (admittedly only five or six)
the interal walls have horizontal supports within the cavities, whilst the
external walls simply use the shell for bracing..

Ok, so you cna just drill through the horizontals on the internal walls, but
I found it easier to go inside the cells on the external walls upstairs.

as a note: definetly see if thre's a void space (like through a cupboard or
something) where you can go between the floors: the beams between floors at
the edge  are about eight inches deep on a two storey timber frame. I am not
a civil engineer, but I imagine somehting that chiunky is not there for a
joke, and drilling big holes through it will have *unpleasant* results!!

ian.