Re: WAP11

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: WAP11
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:34:06 -0000
On 20 Mar 2002, at 21:45, Brian G. Reynolds wrote:

> The only thing that still does not work is the SNMP connection.

Ditto. But only *after* the firmware/software upgrade!

> I know ppl have been talking of "upgrades" one of which is
"meant" to cure
> the SNMP problem but what is the general consensus as to the danger of
> "upgrading" the box?

Know what you mean. I hate BIOS flashing, and I see upgrading
the WAP11 firmware as the same thing as it could potentially be
irrecoverable if it were to go wrong. Maybe.

However, there are new features in the new firmware/software that I
wanted, plus I was having a few very minor issues (it works
perfectly, otherwise) so I gave it a spin. Worked a treat, and really
easy it must be said.

> I have to admit to really liking the WiFi thing :-)))))

Hot damn, yes !! I've just spent the last hour and a half downstairs
watching TV and listening to music, whilst monitor my Internet
downloads via VNC on a laptop. 97% done on Gareth's drivers for
the Fingerprint scanner thing now too (it needed kicking a few
times).

*Finally* after much trying got the newest Orinoco s/w down.

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx     ICQ#: 4515603