re. IPCop HELP - another similar problem

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: re. IPCop HELP - another similar problem
  • From: "nick_towers2000" <nickt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:41:56 -0000

I've similar problems with network cards & IPCOP - thought I'd try
&
use and old P75 with some old, spare nic's - an old Kingston KNE2000
ISA non-PnP card and a EZ2000 non PnP BNC only card (both ne2k
compatible). I can get the EZ2000 recognised on irq10 io 0x300 using
manual NIC setup & the ne driver (command ne io=0x300 irq=10), but
the KNE2000 will not get recognised even though I've configured it on
DOS (using the DOS Qstart utility supplied with the card on floppy),
and using a multiple NIC command (ne io=0x300, 0x240, irq=10,5).
It might be possible Paul for you to choose manual on the NIC setup
part of the install & try a command like the above, you'll need to
know the io/irq for your NIC and whether its NE2000 compatible, or
compatible with the other supported cards (then substitute ne with
<<Linux driver name>>).
I've another quirk with my setting up - if I try to set up the EZ2000
as a green (Red is modem/isdn) setup, I can only do this by trying to
set up as Green/Orange (red=modem etc), ipcop then complains about
not being enough cards, I revert to Green with red as modem etc then
it installs ok & I can see it from my network, run the http admin
etc. Unfortunately if I reboot it will not bring the network up
recognising the card etc, I have to do this "frig" again. Anyone
any
ideas how to sort these issues?

Nick

--- In ukha_d@y..., "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@y...> wrote:
> Pedro, (or anyone else with IPCop)
>
> I tried to install IPCOP last night on an old HP 486 with embeded
NIC