Re: PAce ntl

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: PAce ntl
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:52:39 -0000

As far as I am aware there is nothing stopping you doing as Ian
suggeests but using the PC to do the conversion process, people on
the list have mentioned IR Remote Control dongles that are available
and you can definitely obtain dongles with the RS232 to IrDA portion
in.

You would need to write the software for the mapping in between.

A number of companies are also developing IrDA transceivers with the
ability to trasmit/receive Remote control as well as IrDA,this
requires a compatible uP or Endec.

The plan of record is as so many of us have mobile phones there could
be a market for adding the functionality of a universal remote
control as well, the advent of stinger phones and the like make this
not as complex (or daft - at least to the japanese) as it sounds

Paul