RE: gprs internet access working!!!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: gprs internet access working!!!!
  • From: "Roger" <roger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:26:00 -0000

As long as the GPRS provider has a NAT gateway from the stub network that
you phone is on, to the outside world, you can access any public internet
address. But it may be that the internal protocol used by GPRS (GPT - GPRS
Tunneling Protocol) is not stripped as it leaves the phone network, and
there is no gateway, so then you need a GPRS Internet service provider to
terminate the GPT part of the connection, and route out to the public
internet.

With the current setup, you will always have to start the session from the
phone to get the GTP tunnel established and the stub network address
translated to a public IP address.

Roger Shingler

<eamonogorman@xxxxxxx>

findings!