Re: Home Network for the boss!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Home Network for the boss!
  • From: Alan Shields <alan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 07:28:45 +0000

I have to disagree with this, I've had a 2200usb for over two months now, it's left on 24*7 and apart from making config changes I have only needed to reboot it once, In contrast I seem to be rebooting my Linksys WAP on average once a week (Although it seems slightly better after the last firmware upgrade, haven't decided yet).

I suspect most problems people have with the frog are down to the fact that it's attached to a microsoft powered pc, Even when I ran SmoothWall I generally only got about 3 to 4 days between reboots.

Yes this is expensive compared to an all in one router but for people that already have the frog and don't wish to risk pi**ing off BT it's a perfectly acceptable solution.

Alan Shields
alan@xxxxxxx