RE: Pronto - got mine - help

Thanks Alan,  I may well give this a go........

Tony
-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Shields [mailto:alan@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 February 2002 19:31
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: Re: [ukha_d] Pronto - got mine - help

I think this was some time early last year. Cant remember the number but I seem to recall Mike Huggins advised me to contact Philips head office in the uk, from there I asked for the tapes and accessories department.

I wasn't exactly hoping for much, I would have been pleased just to be offered a replacement display, when I spoke to the lady I was told they hadn't really decided what the policy was for repairs yet, even when I told her I had a US model and it was easily over a year old anyway she still told me to send it in.

I was almost shocked when they replaced it, don't know whether they still do this bit it's got to be worth a try though.

Alan Shields

alan@xxxxxxx