RE: Re: Rabbit talks X10

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Rabbit talks X10
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:43:30 -0000

Okay, I admit I have a great interest in this subject.

The extended X10 commands support dim level status request, I know, the
TX15B uses it to relay temperature information to HV. The temp is sent
via the normal X10 command for "preset dim", IIRC. When the stat
is
queried by HV it sends the current dim level as well as the other
statuses so I'm making an educated guess here that this is the case.

So this functionality *may* be built into the X10 system as is, all you
need to do is figure out how to use it.

Of course I could be talking utter cr4p, but that's not unusual :-) (As
an after thought...Phil, leave that comment alone! ;-))

K.

replies in
the
> normal way (to keep X10 controllers happy), but also send an X10
"dim
72%"