RE: Rabbit talks X10

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Rabbit talks X10
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:54:36 +0000

>Is there any use in using the extend x10 code where I can send an extra
>2 byte of info. I guess any existing controller wouldn't know what to
do
>with it.

How about using that as a group address?

i.e. each module as well as having is (mandatory) house and unit code, can
also have an optional group code, so that units can be grouped together for
scenes and so on, - Dim commands sent to the group address would
simultaneously affect all modules in the same group?

Something like this would be useful in my X10 naming scheme where I use a
single housecode for every room (B=Bedroom, L=Lounge) and so on.. Within
that room, I've no means of discriminating between lamp & appliance
modules,
and as most units seem to NOT respond to the "all lights off"
command (just
the "all units" seems to be implemented), when I want to turn of
all lights
(and only lights, - not the appliance modules), I have to run a macro to
send a bunch of seperate off commands.

I could of course go to 2 housecodes per room, one for lights, one for
appliances, but that then makes local control from radio remotes etc. more
difficult, - although this would not be an issue with the all housecode IR
reciever & the pronto....

£0.02

Paul G.

Paul G.