RE: Pronto - got mine - help

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Pronto - got mine - help
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:41:50 -0000
On 28 Feb 02, at 9:17, James, Daniel wrote:

> Grow a fingernail for the job :-)
>
> Seriously though the end of your fingernail is fine for the job of
pressing
> the buttons.

Most of my friends struggle with it at first until I suggest using a
fingernail. With this it's perfect as Daniel points out. I don't like it
when their first ever use of it is a dab of the screen and nothing
happens. Not a great first impression really.

But when I press the Watch A DVD button then put it down whilst
everything fires up (and the DVD tray ejects, as a finale), it soon
wins them over.

> I tend to leave it on the arm of the sofa, as you say the IR is very
good on
> this unit.

Yeah, I don't even bother aiming it. Sometimes if it's facing in
entirely the wrong direction I still use it.

Arm of the sofa is dangerous though. Whilst *I* have the spacial
awareness to know it's there and have never knocked it over. It's
been clouted a few times by unaware friends. That's a problem.
What do you do if one of them knocks it over, it falls 2 feet to the
ground and breaks ... accidental damage on the house insurance
then I guess?

Stuart