Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:57:56 -0000

My Combi boiler in my old house was dead easy to interface with - it=20
just had a remote heating on/off connector (as hot water was heated=20
on-demand). My new boiler is a conventional type. I quite like the=20
idea of being able to query whether it's on/off and get/set=20
temperatures. I think the Comfort UCM/Smartfit can go this but=20=20
wonder how easy it is to  program/maintain in Comfort. It'd be=20
easier in Homevision I think (if HV can control Comfort with these=20
functions)?

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@b...> wrote:
> Paul,
>=20
> What type of boiler are you using? If its standard fare it's=20
reasonably
> easy to do...but I've yet to try a combi, that's for the summer ;-)
>=20
> K.
>=20
how=20
good
> > the integration will be with Comfort/HV. After having just
about=20
got
<psghome@h...> wrote:
> [...]
Lets=20
Automate
> > > and
> > >
> > > I've just done my Smartfit system today. Surprisingly easy
> > > install, even for someone who doesn't usually read
instructions
> > (see
> > > my post yesterday about what happened with the immersion=20
heater!).

> > > The Smartfit is a piece of cake to install, I've got no=20
previous
> > CH
> > > experience, but know how to wire neatly. Not sure the
> > configuration
> > > of your system, but mine is a Y-plan, one valve for hot
water=20
and
> > > central heating. The Smartfit kit will replace your
valve(s)=20
with
> > low
> > > voltage RJ11-connected units, the thermostat with a combined
> > > programmer/stat (again low voltage, two wire - I used the=20
existing
> > > stat wiring). Also, there's a low voltage connected tank
stat.

> > > You can also replace your box, although in my case it was=20
easier
> > (and
> > > neater) to just jumper from the existing panel to the
Smartfit
> > main
> > > unit.
> > >
> > > Seems to work nicely, haven't done any HA interfacing or
the=20
like
> > > yet, but it heats water which is more than the last mess
ever=20
did.

> > > I got my Smartfit kit from Discounted Heating
> > > (http://www.discountedheating.co.uk)
for just under =A3100+VAT,=20
you
> > may
> > > be able to find it cheaper if you hunt around. For me, it
was
> > cheaper
> > > than replacing all the broken bits (timer/controller,
tank=20
stat,
> > > valve locked on CH only), plus when I finally get around to
it=20