Re: IR emitters for Ocelot

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: IR emitters for Ocelot
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:53:45 +0000

Hi Jim!

No worries about the emitters - I imagine it would probably cost more to
send some over the pond than it would for me to pay the (vastly inflated)
prices in the UK. The current price here for a single emitter frim Lets
Automate is £11.16 (and I will need a few of them!)

I'm sure I *must* be able to do it cheaper, and I'm sure it must be
something I could easily DIY... - if it really is as simple as soldering an
IR LED to a bit of 2-core wire and the other end to a 2.5mm mono jack plug,
then I could certainly manage that...

I just need a bit of advice about the choice of parts, but there are plenty
of people here in UKHA who do a fair bit with DIY LED stuff, so I'm sure
such advice will be readily available and rapidly forthcoming.... (hint
hint) ;-)

Cue Keith "the Guru" Doxey, and Ian "IR Extender"
Bird....

Cheers.

Paul G.

>From: "Jim" <jim@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] IR emitters for Ocelot
>Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:24:33 -0600
>
>Yes all emitters are interchangable
>
>The problem exists with an IR receiver. Xantech is 12 volt and Ocelot
is 5
>volt
>
>I forgot I was suppose to send you one..:-)  What is the cost on Lets
>Automate
>
>Jim

connected
> > *directly* to a SECU16IR module with an Ocelot?
> >
> > I got my SECU16IR the other day, and I suppose I really shouldn't
be
> > surprised at this any more, but even this device is supplied
without one
> > single emitter in the box...
> >
> > (I say "even this" 'cos I was surprised/annoyed that
the Ocelot itself