RE: IR emitters for Ocelot

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR emitters for Ocelot
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:06:48 -0000

http://www.btinternet.com/~diyha/tutorials/ir_emitter.htm

M.

_____________________________________
The UKs Premier Home Automation Site
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
_____________________________________
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 18 March 2002 19:54
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] IR emitters for Ocelot

Hi Jim!

No worries about the emitters - I imagine it would probably cost more to

send some over the pond than it would for me to pay the (vastly
inflated)=20
prices in the UK. The current price here for a single emitter frim Lets=20
Automate is =A311.16 (and I will need a few of them!)

I'm sure I *must* be able to do it cheaper, and I'm sure it must be=20
something I could easily DIY... - if it really is as simple as soldering
an=20
IR LED to a bit of 2-core wire and the other end to a 2.5mm mono jack
plug,=20
then I could certainly manage that...

I just need a bit of advice about the choice of parts, but there are
plenty=20
of people here in UKHA who do a fair bit with DIY LED stuff, so I'm sure

such advice will be readily available and rapidly forthcoming.... (hint=20
hint) ;-)

Cue Keith "the Guru" Doxey, and Ian "IR Extender"
Bird....

Cheers.

Paul G.

>From: "Jim" <jim@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] IR emitters for Ocelot
>Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:24:33 -0600
>
>Yes all emitters are interchangable
>
>The problem exists with an IR receiver. Xantech is 12 volt and
Ocelot=20
>is 5 volt
>
>I forgot I was suppose to send you one..:-)  What is the cost on
Lets=20
>Automate
>
>Jim

be

> > surprised at this any more, but even this device is supplied
without

> > one single emitter in the box...
> >
> > (I say "even this" 'cos I was surprised/annoyed that
the Ocelot=20
> > itself
>is
> > supplied without an emitter, but I *really* would have thought
a=20
> > device designed purely and simply for emitting IR would have
at=20
> > least one
>emitter
> > in the box!!)
> >
> > You'd think, wouldn't you, that for the price that these
controllers
>cost,
> > it would hardly kill them to bung in a 50p IR emitter as part of
the

> > standard package contents?
> >
> > ... I'll get of me soapbox now....
> >
> > Paul G.

> > Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device:=20
> > http://mobile.msn.com

> > Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx

>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:=20

For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20