RE: Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:58:22 -0000

Personally I use HV, some Dallas stats and a TX15B thermostat to control
and monitor the heating. The TX15 connects to a relay which in turn
switches the heating on or off based on the temperature in Zone 1
(TX15B) and the outside air temp. Hot water is controlled by a simple
AD10 as it only replaced a basic time switch arrangement.

>from
but I honestly don't know as I don't use Comfort...yet ;-)

It's reasonably simple to program for with HV, of course depending on
how far you want to go into it, and the TX15 does report its status,
current temp., setpoint and mode to HV.

I have looked at getting the TX15 to report heating on/off to HV but
that is the one thing that is lacking in this scenario. I have toyed
with the idea of putting a Dallas stat above the boiler and tracking the
temp. using that and fudging how HV can tell if the boiler is on or off
based on that temp. reading.

HTH

K.