Re: Am I the only one who isn't impressed by TiVo ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Am I the only one who isn't impressed by TiVo ?
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 17:34:41 +0100
On 9 Jun 2002, at 17:28, Gareth Cook/UK/IBM wrote:

> To be honest, after playing with it for 24hrs, Im not impressed. I've
> already got Sky+ and it's sooo easy to use - nice and simple. By contrast,
> the TiVo is slow, cumbersome, and not very intuitive. And Im already having
> problem with channel selections. grrr !
>
> Even if it was free, I'm still not sure I would like it !

At least it'll be easy to sell on here !

I'm very pleased with mine. The F1 race is on at the moment but I
don't care. I'll catch up with it shortly and skip the adverts.
Watched deferred WSB today too as I was busy doing my filing at
the time it started.

I did find a top tip on deleting items as it has a tendency to record
(almost said 'tape' there!) some dubious BBC Choice items for me.
Select it in the Now Playing and hit Clear down at the bottom of
the control. The UI helpfully informed me of that.

The other *wonderful* thing it does is when I'm FF-ing through
adverts, my reaction time isn't fast enough to restart the VCR (sic)
in time so I usually miss a few seconds. TiVo helpfull resumes
playback a few seconds earlier than when I hit the button.
Excellent.

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx / stuart@xxxxxxx