RE: SliMP3 Ethernet MP3 Player

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: SliMP3 Ethernet MP3 Player
  • From: "Tony Butler" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:20:13 +0100

> But should I have to create a bedroom library, a living room library
and
> a soaking-my-ass-in-the-bath library? There would be a *LOT* of
> duplication between those libraries and hence a lot of wasted space...

Not necessarily Phil.
You can have the audiotron either search all shares it finds on the
network, or about a dozen (too lazy to check) manually entered share
paths, so you would have \\PHIL\BEDROOMGETITONMUSIC,
\\PHIL\MUSICFORGUESTS and \\PHIL\SOAKMYASSMUSIC and \\PHIL\SHAREDMUSIC
for example, so the bedroom tron accesses the 1st last shares, the
lounge tron accesses the 2nd and last ones etc.  So no need to duplicate
music, just position it in the right share.

At the moment, if there is a table of contents in the root of a share,
the tron will take that as the list of music available to it.  On the
wish list is a facility to specify the file for the tron to pick up, so
all trons could access the same shares, but each would have it's own
file list, and each would have it's own playlists - this latter feature
being an important one because even if you can access your > 30,000
collection in one hit, you don't want to have to trawl through SWMBO's
bedroom playlists to find that one you listen to in the bath with a beer
on a Friday night......

Tony