From: Stuart Booth [mailto:stuart@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Fri 31/05/2002 10:52
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Gigabit Ethernet

I was just reading an artcle in ITWeek about Dell offering
P4/Celeron PCs with onboard Gigibit Ethernet (Optiplex GX260's).

I had thought prices of Gigibit Ethernet were exhorbitant. This
newsbit made me wonder if I should plan for GbEthernet when I
start wiring my house up with CAT5 cable (or whatever I would
require) later in the year.

Are there any special cables (CAT6? CAT5e?) required for
GbEthernet?

Or if CAT5e cable gets slapped in the walls, is it just a switch
upgrade + network card upgrade that is required?

Fast Ethernet is more than adequate for my uses at the moment,
but that doesn't mean to say I won't find further uses for it some
years down the road.

Stuart

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search