From: Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) [mailto:haweste@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 July 2002 09:23
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Baby monitor picking up "hum"

OK, so not strictly an HA application, but one that's been bugging me for a
while.

We've got a "Tomy" baby monitor which has started to broadcast unwanted
noise from the receiver, an electrical "hum". We've changed the wall-wart as
that appeared to have a different fault and it now seems a bit worse.
There's approx 1m of cable between the wall-wart and the receiver,
terminating in a centre-positive-type jack plug.

Would one of these clamp on magnets stop the hum being picked up ? (like the
things you see on monitor cables etc.)

The hum is most noticeable at night (when the house is quiet) and the
monitor is not placed near *lots* of mains cabling, although it is plugged
into the wall.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Tim H.

+

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click here to visit our exclusive feature of ACUVUE2
Colours at LensExpress.com!
Click here to find your contact lenses!