Re: BT cabling through patch panel

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: BT cabling through patch panel
  • From: "baker_darren" <darren@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 17:37:29 -0000

Paul,

That is exactly how you do it. You connect several patch panel
connectors together in parallel.

Regards,
Darren

--- In ukha_d@y..., "psghome2002" <psghome@h...> wrote:
> How about patching it out to multiple CAT5 points? i.e. spliting
the
> incoming line and patching to, say, 4 locations. Would you connect
> several patch panel connectors together in parallel (wiring behind
> the panel) and then use these 'sources' to patch out to the
required
> points - a bit like a hard-wired telephone hub in concept.
>
> Paul.
>
> --- In ukha_d@y..., "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> > You just plug jour phone line in patching panel and then plug
> phone in
> > network socket. So you'll use Cat5 for phone line and any
network
> point can
> > be used as phone point. That's how I use it (and most of the
> people)
> > Of course, you'll need adaptors for converting BT plug into RJ45
> and vice
> > versa.
> > You can find some at www.videk.co.uk. Try product code: 42824283
> and you'll
> > see the picture.
> > It's under UTP/STP system components/voice network accessories.
> > Cheers,
> > Nik

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click here for more selections... Click here to visit LensExpress.com Avucue2 Colours ACUVUE Disposables FreshLook Colorblends Disposables Focus Night & Day Continous Wear Get Wild... with Wild Eyes!
Click here to find your contact lenses!