RE: New UKHA Spinoff Group

I'm not so sure - when it gets to 18 groups imho it becomes over the top. <= BR> I'm suprised those on this list have the time/effort to subscribe to each <= BR> little list/etc.. and for the volume of messages - is it *really* such a huge problem in perspective?

Topic headings could easily be defined and tuned - we're a community, right= ? :)

Cost wise, i cant see yahoo charging since they must generate =A3$=A3$=A3 f= rom
the ads - even in that event, theres plenty of people who've made
offers/are willing to host the ukha* lists FOC.

Matthew

At 17:44 12/07/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Oh that old nut ......
>
>The bigest problem is that it's not easy to get people to use an agreed=
>topic heading.
>
>I filter on the group that the e-mail comes from rather than the
>content, much more accurate imho.
>
>Also, it does mean that it's actually kinder on the net in terms of the=
>volume of messages being shifted.
>
>Finally, and I think this is significant, is from yahoo's point of view=
>it dillutes the message volume onto more than one group, owned by more<= BR> >than one person, hopefully reducing the chances of being charged.
>
>Cheers
>
>Stuart
>

>On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 17:37, Matthew J Keay wrote:
> > Geez! Do people not have mail clients capable of filtering emails= ? Can we
> > change the groups to topic headings to aid filtering or something= ?
> >
> > Or has ukha_d turned to a load of people with enough time to trac= k and
> read
> > all the other groups (and monitor the new ones!).

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D"Click

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk