RE: (no subject)

> You maybe to help. Ive bought an LD11 din rail dimmer module but dont
know
> quite how to incorporate it into a lighting arrangement and then
control
> it
> from a CM12U module that plugs into the mains.

That's the purpose of the CM12U really.

> Q: I would like to control seperate lights or a group of lights in
certain
> rooms using my PC via a cm12u encoder.
> - Do I need individual lighting circuits for each set of lights that I
> want

Yes and no. You can use one module to control a group of lights up to
the maximum loading of the module being used. Or you can give different
groups of lights the same housecode and they will all respond together
as one.

> to control?
> - Or  is it a matter of how you wire the (momentary) light switches?
Is
> wiring individual lighting circuits uncessary?

For local control, generally, yes. Unless you use the likes of the
Leviton switches to transmit X10 signals locally to control the modules.

> - Whether or not I create one lighting circuit or many, how do I
control
> the
> ld11 module from my PC via a cm12u plugged into the mains?

The module can be controlled in several ways, it depends on what you
want to do really, to help I would need more detail.

> - Is it possible to have 2 way control of an LD11 module? e.g. turn
the
> lounge lights on/off using two (momentary) light switches fitted at
two
> opposite ends of the room

I have never actually done this but AFAIK, yes, it is possible.

If you need any more help, just ask and I'm sure you will.

HTH

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
{short