RE: Xantech IR hardwire problems

I am using stick on emitters and a Pronto and a real
Sky remote all with new batteries.

I wonder if a mains filter would help....?

Nig

--- Kenneth Watt <kennwatt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<HR>

<tt>
Nigel,<BR>
<BR>
What is it you are using the TX the IR, is it the
blasters? If so there<BR>
is a reason for the range to be limited somewhat and
that is to prevent<BR>
feedback loops. The problem really doesn't occur with
the window<BR>
emitters.<BR>
<BR>
As to the random flashing it is most likely picking up
interference from<BR>
somewhere else, even electrical interference can be a
problem, as I<BR>
discovered the hard way of course. :(<BR>
<BR>
My advice now is to try to route the cable runs away
>from could give interference. I had a Dallas stat on the
same run of CAT5 as<BR>
a receiver at one stage and it caused so much
interference with the<BR>
Xantech gear that it rendered it totally
un-useable!<BR>
<BR>
HTH<BR>
<BR>
K.<BR>
<BR>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<BR>
&gt; From: Nigel Champion
[mailto:nigel_champion@xxxxxxx]<BR>
&gt; Sent: 05 July 2002 11:13<BR>
&gt; To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx<BR>
&gt; Subject: [ukha_d] Xantech IR hardwire
problems<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Hi,<BR>
&gt; Winder if you can help....<BR>
&gt; I have a Xantech 291-80 &quot;Hidden Link&quot;
connected to a<BR>
&gt; 10061 Xantech 6 output amp and three stick-on<BR>
&gt; transmitters.<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; I have 2 problems with it:<BR>
&gt; The range is pants! Max of about 2.5 meters (am
I<BR>
&gt; expecting to much?)<BR>
&gt; Also the I keep getting stray random flashes
showing<BR>
&gt; up on the transmitter and recievers which
keeps<BR>
&gt; blocking my real signals!<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; The random flashes keep happening even in the
dark. I<BR>
&gt; have tried the moving the whole IR system into
a<BR>
&gt; different room (under the stairs!) and I still
get<BR>
&gt; stray signals!<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Any ideas?<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Nig<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt;
&gt; Everything you'll ever need on one web page<BR>
&gt; from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts<BR>
&gt; <a
href=""http://uk.my.yahoo.com">http://uk.my.yahoo.com</a><BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; For more information: <a
href=""http://www.automatedhome.co.uk">http://www.automatedhome.co.uk</a><BR>
&gt; Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx<BR>
&gt; Subscribe:&nbsp;
ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx<BR>
&gt; Unsubscribe:&nbsp;
ukha_d-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx<BR>
&gt; List owner:&nbsp;
ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<BR>
<a
href=""http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</tt>

<tt>
For more information: <a
href=""http://www.automatedhome.co.uk">http://www.automatedhome.co.uk</a>
<BR>
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <BR>
Subscribe:&nbsp; ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx <BR>

<tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
href=""http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
of Service</a>.</tt>