RE: Xantech IR hardwire problems

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Xantech IR hardwire problems
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:32:43 +0100

So when you say that the range seems pants I take it you mean the
reception by the Table Top Receiver then? I had one of those...fried it
:(

Anyway, the TTR should be fine I was using it just great, before I fried
it of course, from a considerable distance. However, I did notice that
it seemed to pick up interference more easily than the Dinky Link or the
Buffalo tubes, especially in bright sunlight. But I do still get random
flashes of IR as well and I'll be damned if I can track it down!

What I have noticed is that having a receiver anywhere even close to
something that uses the IR spectrum causes feedback, those receivers are
*very* sensitive.

I have a receiver beside HV, don't ask it was an experiment, and it
picks up the odd stray IR signal from HV which is sometimes what was
intended but sometimes not. The point is that the other night the whole
lot went into a mad feedback loop and nothing worked at all until I
shielded the RX unit from HV, then no problems. So I t could be
something similar that is giving you feedback and locking the signal up,
maybe. :/

HTH

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor