RE: scan are the worst

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: scan are the worst
  • From: "Amar Nagi" <amar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:13:44 +0100

Title: Message

GA-7DPXDW

Q1.

Can I use 300 watts power supply for GA-7DPXDW server board?

A1.

According to the system specification, 7DPXDW server board only performs correctly with a minimum 400 watts power supply.

Q2.

Does the 7DPXDW motherboard only support Registered DDR RAM? I use 1 x Unbuffered DDR DIMM in any DIMM Slot (4 Slots had been tested) but the speaker beeps 1 second and stop 3 seconds; then beep-warning sound is going on. Is the problem of DIMM? Or, the system BIOS only support Registered DDR?

A2.

GA-7DPXDW server board supports registered DDR memory only due to the hardware design issue. So far, our GA-7DPXDW CANNOT support un-buffered DDR memory. We may design a generation board, which can support un-buffered DDR memory in the future. Please refer to our Qualify Vendor List for the vendor of registered DDR memory.

Q3.

What type of AMD CPU that support for Dual Processors?

A3.

CPU Model

Stepping Code

Result

AMD Duron MP 1000

DHD1000AMT1B

PASS

AMD Duron MP 1100

DHD1100AMT1B

PASS

AMD Duron MP 1200

DHD1200AMT1B

PASS

AMD Athlon MP 1200

AHX1200AMS3C

PASS

AMD Athlon MP 1300

AHX1333DMS3C

PASS

AMD Athlon MP 1400

AHX1400DMS3C

PASS

AMD Athlon MP 1500

AMP1500DMS3C

PASS

AMD Athlon MP 1600+

AMP1600DMS3C

PASS

AMD Athlon MP 1900+

AMP1900DMS3C

PASS

AMD Athlon MP 2000+

AMP2000MS3C

PASS

Note:
Stepping Code: DHDxxxxxxxxx, AHXxxxxxxxxx, and AMPxxxxxxxxx
Those types listed above can support Dual Processors