RE: RCS TX15-B Thermostat

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RCS TX15-B Thermostat
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:02:18 +0100

      Peter - I posted a slightly later reply than this, hope you saw it
- I now have the TX15-B working fine. However I used a CM11A straight into
Homeseer to do this - both the TW523 and the TW7223 did not work via
HomeVision or a Leopard/Ocelot. I have now used a CM12U too and it works
fine.(Same as you).

      However I think the 'TW' problem may be in the Homeseer plugins and
not either of those bits of hardware. The HomeVision can see and control the
TX15-B fine directly using a TW523/7223.The TX15-B communicates using preset
dim commands which are not extended X10 and the both the TW devices can
support this. Incidentally the TW devices can send but not receive X10
extended.

      I am looking further into this as the CM11/12 is renowned for being
'weak' in its transmitted X10 signals cf a TW device and also prone to
locking up so I don't want to ongoingly use it.

      You said you were using a CM12U - so you should be working fine -
there is another problem here for you I think as we now have identical
setups. BTW There is a post here relating to weak signals.
http://homeseer.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=697298074&f=378290174&m=8072
972663

      I have now also found an XM10U and I will try this and let you know
- however as Li mentioned in another post there are variants of this & the
version I have is one that sends everything it receives twice (one of the
first when they came out) - I gather X10 then reverted back and XM10U's now
work like the TW7223's used to, sending only once.

      Kevin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor