-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Watt [mailto:kennwatt@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 June 2002 09:15
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] domestic appliances review

Smeg's service side, Servevast, had a major fire about two weeks ago Tony and this wiped out virtually all UK stocks of spares and as things stand now, almost all orders are direct from Italy. I know, I'm waiting on parts too for customers!

However, if you call Tamsen at Servevast on 0870 447002 she will help you and resolve the problem if she can. ;)

At the moment I have a Smeg pyrolytic oven and the five burner SS hob in the house, what parts is it you need as I may have some?

The taking months to get spares is one of the things that we as service agents get most frustrated about as there is little we can do about it but we get it in the ear from the customers and not the people that should! L

On another note I have had a warning about LG spares and service in the past 12 hours...there are major problems with some political fallout in the industry so tread carefully if you're looking at an LG washer, fridge or whatever.

K.