RE: domestic appliances review

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: domestic appliances review
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:53:26 +0100

Well it serves you right for buying the most gorgeous hob on God’s earth IMO! BTW, it’s a P705 five burner job I take it.

The Piano range is not seen that often and that’s your problem there, just down to cost really it’s only the snobs that buy them ;)

Kidding aside though, AIUI, most of the Piano range spares are pretty unique to that one range and most would be a factory order, especially if they have never used them or have no usage history on the parts. We are finding that’s an increasing problem, as in the computer stock management says that “one” is a year’s stock, but we hit eighteen months on the street and hit a run of that part failing…oops! Computers are no substitute for humans in some respects ;)

The staying lit problem sounds as if the earthing on the thermocouples isn’t right or they are faulty. I have no idea what’s melted, IIRC from the training stuff there’s bog all to melt and in a hob (you know heat and all that!) it’s a bit silly to have something as fragile in it and very unlike Smeg IME.

Phone Tamsen, tell her Kenneth @ NW in Scotland told you to call her as she’d sort the problem and she will sort it for you as best she can.

K.