NOW OT music chat RE: [OT] LIMITED-PLAY DVDS TAKE A STEP CLOSER

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NOW OT music chat RE: [OT] LIMITED-PLAY DVDS TAKE A STEP CLOSER
  • From: Scott Crowther <scrowther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:29:28 -0000

ok, confession time - I run my own record label=20
(strictly small time, one band at present, although we did=20
get a national rock mags single of the week last year...)

BIG problem with what you're proposing below is chart disqualification.

Ship all that extra stuff and your sales get banned from the chart numbers
and you don't get in the chart which means you get less airplay and less
press
and not on TOTP, and hence sell less records.

Hence major labels won't do it.

Might work for me though...

I make all my tracks available as MP3's as part of the deal with the
artist=
,

and we've sold quite a few more CD's and merchandise as a direct result.=20

Also, I'm thinking about making the sleeves available to be bought on their
own:
ie - you download the MP3's, burn to CDR and pay me =A31 (or so) to send
through a=20
CD sleeve so you get the original artwork too. I make cash off the sleeve
then.

And finally, I'm about to start selling advance copies of the next album=20
(due in the summer) through the website. It includes: free postage to your
door,=20
receiving the album before available in the shops, AND you get YOUR name in
the=20
sllevenotes of the CD. Not bad for =A310. Sell 200 up front and I've paid
f=
or
the=20
recording time. Done deal.

any other ideas as to how I can make my artist improve on the current=20
Radio 1 play we've had to date appreciated.

Sorry, I digressed.

;o)

Scott Crowther
Intamac Systems Ltd