RE: Re[2]: Fw: Relaunch of Autoglide by Silent Gliss

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: Fw: Relaunch of Autoglide by Silent Gliss
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:27:00 -0000

I looked at the various possibilities when I wanted to motorise my
curtains and ended up importing three drapeboss units. The advantages at
the time were:

1. I already had 3 good quality metal curtain tracks to support my
heavily lined curtains (to help absorb reflected sound - who said I'm a
HiFi nut?)

2. The Drapeboss uses a chain rather than friction - so it can pull the
weight. It can work with any corded track.

3. Combined with an x10 Universal module it supports discrete open
close, rather than just toggle - If you go for the more advanced X10
module it is possible to program in stop points for use in screen
masking applications.

I bought mine from smarthome.com but I'm sure Mike could be persuaded to
import some.

I intend to put in an 18-20VAC ring main in my new place and get lots of
them in :)

Tim.