Re: Fw: Relaunch of Autoglide by Silent Gliss

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Relaunch of Autoglide by Silent Gliss
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:05:27 +0000

I have one of those fitted.

As Mark says, it is quite fiddly to get right.

It's up, and it has been working for nearly 5 years.

It does stick occasionally, but reopening & reclosing usually sorts it
out.

I've also moved it once from the downstairs bay to the upstairs one without
any major problems.

Curtain weight does seem to make difference on how reliable it is...

Paul G.

>From: "Mark Hopley" <mhopley@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re:  [ukha_d] Fw: Relaunch of Autoglide by Silent Gliss
>Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:09:46 -0000
>
>Swish made a bay window kit for the original Autoglide system.
>I bought one but gave up trying to fit it. The bend radius is fixed so
the
>mounting points and cuts have to be quite precise & my old
Victorian walls
>did not help.
>
>Mark
>   why don't these people launch products that might actually be
USEFUL!!!