[OT - sort of] Touch Screens

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [OT - sort of] Touch Screens
  • From: Paul Boakes <paul.boakes@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:32:17 GMT

Hi,

I'll keep it brief - if you've got any questions, please email me off-list.

I have a quantity of Illyama 15" and 17" CRT touch-screen that
we're looking
to dispose of.  They connect to the serial port of a PC, and with the
drivers, you can use your finger on the screen instead of a mouse.  What's
the got to do with HA?  Well, I've used one successfully with Winamp (and
A0
- rememeber that?) for a home jukebox.

Varying condition - most of them work, but might need the touch-screen
re-aligning (you do this through the software application upon
installation).  Software should be available on the web - we can't supply.
If anyone lives local to Rickmansworth/Watford (M25 J16/17), and would be
interested in one or more for an HA project, we're looking at offers around
£50/each.  Would prefer local buyers, since these are HEAVY, and would
probably cost £20 plus for delivery.

If you're interested, email me off-list, and I'll let you have more details
(specification, etc) when we have them ready to dispose of.

Regards
Paul

--
Paul Boakes - IT Manager, Daewoo Cars Limited
Tel: 01923 713370