RE: CM11 Range Problems.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CM11 Range Problems.
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:14:59 -0000

Done some more testing...

And it seems that it's a dodgy CM11 (I think)

I did two tests:

1) isolation. I removed three of the four Filtered sockes in the house, and
re-tried the tests. Now, the CM11 couldn't even send commands to a Lamp
Module plugged into the other side of the dual socket.

2) I replaced the rest of the kit, ad then switched each and every device
on
and off from all four of the mini-timers (at the extremities of the house)
and every single X-10 command was flawless, and lightning fast.

So, I tried plugging the CM11, a Mini Timer, an App Module and a Lamp
Module
into a four strip block (unfiltered) and plugged this strip into a wall
socket. The CM11 could not send commands to any of these modules, but the
mini timer could switch them on and off perfectly.

I'm gonna crack this thing open, see if there's anything visibly hosed.

Ian.