Re: Multiple telephone lines & Comfort system

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Multiple telephone lines & Comfort system
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:34:17 -0000

MSN is included with ISDN2e (though not with Home Highway) but you
will need to ask BT to set it up. I think 3 numbers is the maximum,
but I might be wrong (I only needed 3 numbers).

With ISDN2e, the is only one line and therefore only one bill.
Because my terminal adapter has built in PBX I can do things like
pick-up and transfer between business and home line.

Capitel is sold in the UK from here (though it is actually a German
guy who designed and supports it):

http://www.bmtmicro.com/BMTCatalog/win/capitel.html

Graham

--- In ukha_d@y..., "psghome2002" <psghome@h...> wrote:
> [...]
> questions for you:
>
> 1) Does MSN cost you extra?
> 2) You're obviously using a separate POTS or DECT phone for each of
> the private/business lines. Is there a way of combining both
systems
> and getting access from a single phone? (i.e. I would ideally like
> to be able to make business or personal calls from the same phones
> but keep the billing separate).
> 3) Where is the Capitel software available from?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul.
>
> --- In ukha_d@y..., graham@s... wrote:
> >
> > I have ISDN2e, Comfort and Homevision, so my set up is simialr to
> yours,
> > however I have no standard BT line at all (we have mobile phones
> to use if
> > there is a power cut). Comfort can not handle multiple lines, nor
> can it
> > handle ISDN direct, so you have to have a PBX or TA or something
> that can
> > convert from ISDN to POTS. My setup is as follows:
> >
> > ISDN2e comes in to the house to the BT 'box' (I think this is
> called an NT
> > but Keith or someone will no doubt correct me).
> >
> > There are two ports on the BT box, one is connected to a Terminal
> Adapter,
> > the other to a Router.
> >
> > The router (Zyxel Prestige 202) has two analogue ports on it, but
> I don't
> > use them because I have three numbers through MSN (multi
subscriber
> > numbering) on the ISDN service.
> >
> > The router handles network traffic for the LAN and as a bonus
> distributes
> > CAPI information around the network, this allows me to have CAPI
> software
> > (e.g. caller ID) running on networked machines.
> >
> > The terminal adapter (Speeddragon) is no longer used for data at
> all as
> > router (a more recent purchase) handles all that.
> >
> > The terminal adapter does have PBX and 3 analogue ports built in,
> so these
> > are assigned to Home, Business and Fax.
> >
> > The fax port has an analogue modem attached to it which is in
turn
> attached
> > to my server for faxes in and out. I could use software only fax
> across the
> > CAPI but it is very resource hungry and I had the modem anyway.
> >
> > The business phone port connects to a Krone block where it is
> split into 5
> > CAT5 leads. These can be patched through to any 5 ports in the
> house
> > through the patch pannel (smug Graham awaits his pat on the back
> from Keith
> > for using true structured wiring ;-).
> >
> > The home phone port connects to the incoming phone connector on
> comfort.
> > The outgoing phone connection on comfort connects to another
Krone