RE: iPAQ remote

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: iPAQ remote
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:59:51 -0000

> This looks pretty good!

If it works is this bye bye pronto ?

Personaly from a HA standpoint I think the ipaq with wifi (and a HA PC
on your lan) could be very easly made into one hell of a control system,
I have just tried Iremote (winamp wifi front end) and although there are
a few bugs, it just shows what can be done. Has anyone done any pocket
pc development stuf ? How much is the development software ?

I am going to blow the dust of the rabbit this weekend and link it up to
the ipaq

BTW Note this in the doc's :-

NOTE: Pocket PCs and PDAs in general are optimized for data
communication according to the IrDA standard. This standard utilizes a
slightly different wavelength, different modulation frequencies and is
intended for short range communication. UltraMote utilizes advanced
signal processing to compensate for many of these variances, depending
upon the limitations of your specific Pocket PC design. However,
UltraMote will generally have a shorter control range than the remote
control that came with your device. Please try out UltraMote during the
evaluation period, to ensure that the control range with your equipment
is satisfactory. Here are some additional steps you can take to maximize
the UltraMote control range