RE: [OT] Working Lunch

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Working Lunch
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:17:29 -0000

Yep, the nice lady from TS called me back this afternoon, but due to the
number of posts I've made on the subject I thought I'd better cool it
for awhile.

Basically it is the view of the local TS office that the mail originally
sent after ordering the camera was a receipt and a legally binding
contract between the customer and Kodak. Therefore their view is that
they will pursue Kodak on my behalf and should that fail then court is
the next step. Since the office nearest Kodak is sifting and collating
all the complaints this could, in theory, take a while before there is a
concrete resolution, but they will resolve it.

Reading the info available to date it would appear that Kodak have
botched it big time, their biggest mistake being the misleading wording
of their "receipt" and anyone that ordered is entitled to the
goods at
the price quoted, but as they say, time will tell.

K.