RE: Widescreen switching

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Widescreen switching
  • From: Primoz Gabrijelcic <gabr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 23:15:53 +0100

As you people know SCART by heart (at least it seems so) - maybe somebody
can help me.

I have fairly primitive AV setup currently - VCR and DVD are connected into
a SCART module with three inputs and one cable going to the TV (I hope you
can picture this - I just don't know how to name it in English). That thing
is also very primitive, I think, with hardwired contacts over all three
SCART ports.

The problem is - If I have VCR in standby, I can see and hear DVD on the
TV.
OK. But if I put DVD on standby, I only get VCR picture, no sound. TV is
completely deaf. And if I run both VCR and DVD I get a messed picture
(completely out of sync - that's why I think that contacts on that SCART
module are simply hardwired).

Can somebody please at least explain this behaviour? I can leave with it
(plugging SCART in and out ...) but I'd like to understand it.

Best regards,
Primoz