Re: CCF for DDAR?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CCF for DDAR?
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:50:53 -0000

I was lucky enough to get a Pronto Pro for Christmas which has 8mb
so theoretically it should be enough... :D ...

... Although it would be nice (perhaps) to use the old 1mb one just for
the DDAR, listing albums and tracks etc....but as Dr John said,
depends on how much you can get into it....

Andy

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Broadfoot, Kieran J"
<Kieran.Broadfoot@g...>
wrote:
> John,
>
> As you probably know I am new to this whole pronto thing only having
owned
> it for a six days but did you try using the ccf optimiser in the
ccfutils
> package?  my current ccf prior to optimising was about 125k and
optimising
> took me down to 75k.  Thats a far memory saving.  Admitedly I also
have the
> 2mb version but it is my one concern that ill run out of space
before too
> long.  The secret I think is to make use of the keypad IR codes to
search
> using letters.  Did anyone else note on the ddar that if you wanted
albums
> say that started with b that a double hit of the "abc" still
only
took you