From: Dr John Tankard [mailto:john@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 11:40 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] CCF for DDAR?

No, I just dcompiled, replaced my tags (left in my original design) ran
my prog which (I was using winamp) created playlists for each album,
numbered them and named them then inserted the artist and album name
into the tags. The pronto then sends out a 3 digit code which HV graps
and outputs a serial stream to fire up the winamp agent with the correct
playlist name. I used the standard 3 button response code for the HV, so
all it had to do was prefex the code with "playlist" then the 3
digit
code 001 then the extension.

> my current ccf prior to
> optimising was about 125k and optimising took me down to 75k.
>  Thats a far memory saving.  Admitedly I also have the 2mb
> version but it is my one concern that ill run out of space
> before too long.

The 2Mb will make a BIG difference, I don't think you will have problems

>The secret I think is to make use of the
> keypad IR codes to search using letters.  Did anyone else
> note on the ddar that if you wanted albums say that started
> with b that a double hit of the "abc" still only took you to
> those beginning with a?

The problem is the remote arrangement is crap ! I thought (but have not
tried it) that I would rename all the mp3 so that the start of the title
was unique to a code I could get to on the remote, easy to say but a bit
of work to achieve.

Its just a crying shame there is not a easy server side interface that
we could hook into, perhaps when its fully hacked.....

John