Re: Site update

> If I remember correctly some time ago a PC eats about 120 pounds a
year.
> Maybe less without a monitor. I am looking to upgrade my only 24/7
from a
P2
> 400 to something with a little more oomph soon and that runs without a
> monitor. Didn't tell Wifey about the running cost so she happy.

Quick calculation ....

Current price according to my last bill is 4p per KWh.

Assuming a PC uses a maximum of 200W (my PSU is rated at 200W), then it
uses
1KWh every 5 hours.  There are about 365x24=8760 hours in a year.
8760/5=1752KWh per year.  That's 1752x0.04=£70.08 per year.

£per year = (PSU power in KW) x 8760 x (current cost per KW - £0.04 for me)

I expect my PC uses only half that power on average (P200), so I wouldn't
expect my bill to be over £40 a year.  HTH.

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System
http://www.andylaurence.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcbmms