RE: Site update

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Site update
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:11:51 -0000

> If I remember correctly some time ago a PC eats about 120=20
> pounds a year. Maybe less without a monitor. I am looking to=20
> upgrade my only 24/7 from a P2 400 to something with a little=20
> more oomph soon and that runs without a monitor. Didn't tell=20
> Wifey about the running cost so she happy.

=A3120 a year sounds a bit high and seems to have been worked out just on
the maximum rating of most PSUs - for example:

We pay 5.17p/unit which would mean that a PC over a year uses 2321kw.
That works out at 6.5Kw/day or 260w/hr which is the full rating for most
PSUs.

Does anyone know what the actual draw of a typical PC is once powered up
and running? I would have thought less than 100w.

Phil