Re: Site update

I am sure last time i monitored my UPS a pc & monitor took 1.4 A isnt that about 180w ?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 2:11 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Site update

> If I remember correctly some time ago a PC eats about 120
> pounds a year. Maybe less without a monitor. I am looking to
> upgrade my only 24/7 from a P2 400 to something with a little
> more oomph soon and that runs without a monitor. Didn't tell
> Wifey about the running cost so she happy.

£120 a year sounds a bit high and seems to have been worked out just on
the maximum rating of most PSUs - for example:

We pay 5.17p/unit which would mean that a PC over a year uses 2321kw.
That works out at 6.5Kw/day or 260w/hr which is the full rating for most
PSUs.

Does anyone know what the actual draw of a typical PC is once powered up
and running? I would have thought less than 100w.

Phil

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk