Re: RE: Fw: OT: Thinking of buying a Widescreen TV?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: RE: Fw: OT: Thinking of buying a Widescreen TV?
  • From: "Scott Ling" <s_ling@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 00:06:39 +0000

I've just been using the s-video input at the moment. The projector has
been sitting on top of the tv facing the opposite wall, but will be shelf
mounted about 15 ft from the amp. I was thinking of running CAT5 point to
point for it (No other CAT5 cabling installed - yet), and using some KAT5
modules to avoid signal loss. Are component inputs much (i.e noticeably)
better than s-video ?  A line doubler was also recommended - any comments ?

Thanks.

Scott.

>>> kennwatt@xxxxxxx 01/06/02 13:43 PM >>>
Scott,

How have you connected the video input? I used S-Video to hook up the
MT-1 and got Keith to build me a set of custom KAT5 modules to get the
video from one side of the room to the other, the amp etc sits at the
front of the screen, and these made a vast improvement due to the fact I
was not losing wads of signal in a 10 or 15M lead. Just something that
you might like to consider.

K.