NTL B******S

  • To: "Ukha_D" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NTL B******S
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:34:20 -0000

Long RRRAAANNNTTT..........

Sorry for this but I am pissed!

I have just found I have had my NTL phone "cut-off" in-coming
call's only!

I have spent 27 mins on hold to them (typical) only to be told they cannot
help me, they gave me another number which I cannot dial as I am cut
off.....

Tried 150 again, went through the menu only to be cut off again!

I eventually spoke to a "temp" who was as helpful as he could be,
they
always are, and he is going to get someone to ring me back as I have the
following issues:-

1	Phone cut off, direct debit problem?
2	CID found not activated when I was paying for it.
3	Broadband service I was paying for is not broadband speed, 56K.
4	Direct Debit mandate forms getting lost.

When I took out the NTL subscription I eventually found out you have to
start 3(?) direct debit's going, 1 for TV & phone rental, 1 for Cable
Modem,
1 for Phone calls.

I was trying to set these up but they kept loosing one of them (not
uncommon
they tell me) so I set up another one, that got lost.....this went on for
quite some time and meant me paying by CC whilst setting up another DD.
I ended up making note of dates/times and names and their comments, still
no
joy!

I eventually spoke to a helpful lady who said why don't I go for the
"Triple
Pack" which means 2 DD's and £15 per month cheaper! great says I, and
why so
much cheaper? just a better deal she says, I remember posting this at the
time to the group.

Every one was under the impression I would be on the 56k connection instead
of the 256k connection but on at least 5 occasions when I asked NTL what
speed I was on they replied the fastest! so I thought good deal.

Now it turns out I am on the slower connection speed.....bastards.....

I hate dealing with these big companies, you never get to say your piece,
and I do not like the fact that the people you get to speak to have a
clock/supervisor standing over them saying get onto the next
customer......not good for them or for the paying customer!

Always assuming they do ring me back, do any of you NTL subscribers have
anything you want to add to my list for them, I have had enough dealing
with
these companies and like Phil recently, I am not prepared to turn the other
cheek!

End Rant......
.......to be continued.

B.