RE: living room lighting plan

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: living room lighting plan
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:59:05 -0000

> Does this all sound like a good plan? Are SL575's dimmable - and can
> they dim from start or do they do the 100% then dim trick like the
> LW10's?

SL575's will dim, but in the same way you are used to with an LW10.

Only the LD11 has soft start dimming.

> Also,
> there's no neutral connection at the current wallswitch as far as I
> know.

Neutral is not usually required for X10 lighting applications.

> Any suggestions? I'd like to get this right first time :-)

Well, hope my comments help some, but the best advice, is decide what you
*want* to happen, then look for those devices which will achieve it.

For X10 lighting, LD11 gives the most versatility, but requires most
installation. If you want soft start dimming and memory dim, then an LD11
is
the only way to go. Plus, you can use a momentary switch to replace your
existing dual switch to give control without the need for an SS13. This
would lose potential control of the LM12 from the switch (if that is why
you
wanted that switch).

Your application seems to be mostly "control" oriented, so decide
what you
want each light to be able to do, and what primary control you want. From
there, it should be quite easy to decide whether to go the route you have
suggested or go for a DIN module solution.

HTH.

Mark.