living room lighting plan

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: living room lighting plan
  • From: "kinchyuk" <kinchyuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:25:42 -0000

Having put some LW10's in the rooms with more simple lighting, I
figured it's time to make a start on the living room.

I've got four wall uplighters, one table lamp, and at present one
main light, with just a single bulb hanging out of it. The uplighters
are daisy-chained on one circuit, and the main light is on another -
both controlled from a double lightswitch on the wall near the door.
The table lamp is just plugged into a wall socket.

The plan I've got so far, after much pondering, is this. Get a load
of SL575 screw-in lamp modules (all the uplighters are ES anyway,
which makes life easy), plus a LM12 for the table light.

For control, bypass the existing switch (terminal blocks below a
blanking plate maybe?) and put a SS13 3-way RF stick-on swich on the
wall.

Does this all sound like a good plan? Are SL575's dimmable - and can
they dim from start or do they do the 100% then dim trick like the
LW10's?

The backboxes around the house are pretty shallow - the LW10's were a
bit of a squeeze, so there wouldn't be much room behind the existing
switch for anything fancy. However, there is some space in the
uplighters spare if I need to put a module of sorts in there. Also,
there's no neutral connection at the current wallswitch as far as I
know.

Any suggestions? I'd like to get this right first time :-)

Alex