Re: OT (sort of) - WINTV card & Windows 2000

> Is anyone here using any of the recent Win-TV PCI cards nder Windows
2000?

Yes, although I'm using XP now, I used to run my WinTV FM card in W2K.

> (Here's the ON-topic bit) - I'm trying to configure this in a HA
server to
> be a media feed for one zone of the house, to deliver both TV and FM
radio.
> - I have the Win-TV Primio FM card.

I'm just in the process of experimenting with this (albeit over a broadband
connection).

> I can install the card and the drivers with no problems, device
mangler
> shows everything as perfect, and the FM radio application works
perfectly
> too.
>
> However, neither of the TV viewing apps (wintv32 or wintv2000) will
work
> properly. Upon launch, I get various error messages, including:
> - Connecting HCWsnapshot and overlay mixerL HR=0x80040207
> - Failed to create TV window, another application may be using the
driver

Have you used the Primary application? This will allow you to set the
output
to 'Primary', 'Overlay' and 'DIB'. You should choose 'Overlay'.

> The error messages vary depending on whether I use the VFW drivers or
the
> WDM drivers (I've tried both). Also, in some instances, (rarely
though)
once
> the error messages are acknowledged, the application does actually
launch
> and display a TV window, - but with sound only, no picture.

You can also use the Windows XP WDM drivers (which I've used on 2K)

> I've trawled the hauppage website extensively, dowloaded all the
latest
> drivers, read the FAQ's and so on. - I'm beginning to wonder if it's
my
> ageing Matrox Millennuim card in this machine that might be the
problem?

Could be. Have you looked at the Matrox website for any mention of this?

> Does anyone have any info regarding getting the WinTV apps working
under
> W2K?
>
> TIA
>
> Paul G.

HTH,

Q.

--
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes!