RE: Way OT: electric dog restrainers.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Way OT: electric dog restrainers.
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:08:30 -0000

Yep, my old man tried that with his mutt and it *liked* the lemon
flavour...he (the dog) still loves lemon drizzle cake to this day, go
figure! This was to stop it barking at, well anything really, it still
barks at anything ;-)

What it did do was put the dog right off chocolate though :-)

K.

You
> get a remote control, so when the dog starts heading off & doing
its
own
> thing, you hit the rc & the spray distracts them... you then have
the
> opportunity to try & get control established.
>
> It seems to work fairly well.  The advantage is that the dog starts
the
> inappropriate behaviour, and then gets zapped... it does not associate
you
> with the zapping.  Hence it learns that it is its own behaviour that
is
> causing the unpleasentness to occur.  When it stops doing the wrong
thing,
> the squirting stops.

O'Gorman

Service.